Monday, February 15, 2010

A new word - "snow"

I can't believe one of our kids first words is "snow!" That tells you what an odd winter we are having, because in years past there wouldn't have been enough for them to see it and know what it is. We are home again today with a snow day. There was only about an inch of snow but freezing rain put down a layer of ice under the snow and temperatures aren't going to be high enough today to change that so we thought it safer not to get on the roads since we don't have to. Kids are doing good - they still have slight runny noses but seem to be feeling fine and in good spirits. They are doing better with naptime - still not great and they still get super sleepy mid-morning, but better. Their other words of the week are "all done, "alright" and "toes." They can point out their feet, toes, and hair now in addition to eyes, ears, nose, belly and mouth. They have their 18 month appointment coming up and so that is still our deadline for mama and dada - I think we can do it. They are starting to say it more often, and Tyler has said mama when I walk in a couple of times, which is great. Katie knows that we are either mama or dada but at this point they are interchangeable. Regardless, they are definitely getting it! They have figured out what doorknobs do and are trying desperately to turn them all. We finally got a gate at the top of the stairs in preparation for them being able to escape their cribs. Toddler beds are not too far away for these little monkeys - I don't think. Potty training isn't going to happen until this summer at least. Tyler went to the doctor last week and was 23 pounds!!! I think Katie is still probably 21 +, but not yet 22 - we'll see. She is still wearing 6-12 month shoes so I know her feet, at least, haven't grown much. When it gets a little warmer we are planning to move their carseats forward-facing which should make them happier - they won't be able to kick the back of the seat, but they will be able to see out and see us which should be better!

Maybe I will get some snow day pictures today to post later!

No comments: