Well, I had good intentions to take the camera today and get some new pictures for this blog. Unfortunately, the struggle to get dressed, get them to put on shoes (only the ones they want to wear and not ones that match, of course), coerce them into the carseats, etc. meant that the camera was completely forgotten today on our excursion. I guess you'll just have to take my word for it - they had a great time. We went to the Tennessee Agricultural Museum and fed the goats. They both held the cup of food and let the goats eat - so brave. We wandered around the museum some and saw some big police horses. We then went to the Tennessee Central Railroad Museum to see some trains. They convince us every night to read the Thomas the Train book (along with 5 others - we are such pushovers), and are so excited to make the choo choo sounds and talk about the trains. In real life they didn't quite seem to get it!
Hopefully, the book reading will help us transition when we finally make the switch to toddler beds. I have decided that we will probably do the beds before potty training, because they can get out now - they just haven't done it yet - when they do there will be no keeping them in there! Everyone suggests to only do one "big" thing at once and they aren't quite ready for potty training. They still aren't very predictable, can't pull down their pants on their own, and don't tell us before going (they do afterward though). I took some readiness quizzes and we aren't far away - but it will probably be a few months after their 2nd birthday (unbelievably less that two months away). Our routine now is to get jammies on and then put them in their beds and then we read books and that helps with them getting so upset about getting into bed. They even sometimes ask to get in at bedtime so we can read "Bown Bear" or "Moon." I am hoping that they will get into the toddler beds to be read to in the same way - wishful thinking I am sure, but one can dream. No big plans for tomorrow, but I promise to take pictures whatever we are doing!
No comments:
Post a Comment