Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lots of Changes Soon

Well, I can finally say it on here since my current work knows - I have a new job! I am very excited about it and feel like it is a great program that I really believe in and will enjoy raising money for. What makes it even better is that it is at a non-profit childcare program and the kids will get to go there, so finally we have a preschool for them! Of course, there are challenges with changes but hopefully we can get them worked out. Insurance, the primary challenge right now, is miserable! Tyler's asthma (which has been so great - even with his cold he didn't have respiratory issues this time) is considered a pre-existing condition which means no coverage for a year and ironically his issues are the primary reason we cannot go even a day without insurance. I will do COBRA which will keep him covered but it is very, very, very expensive . As recommended by my new employer because of the high cost of their insurance, I was looking at individual family insurance options which are much more affordable, but most carry really high deductibles and still won't cover Tyler so we are kind of stuck. I really dislike insurance and mortgage companies right now! Insurance companies only cover the people who are likely to not need services and the threat and bully tactics of the land company are almost criminal. Ugh - BUT, the new gig will help and I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. I am sad to leave my current job, and especially the cushy hours and vacation time (which is certainly not the case at the new place), but I get excited and motivated just talking about the mission and services of the program I will be working for and that's a good thing! The only negative (aside from the insurance) is that my last day here will be on a Friday and my first day there will be the following Monday of our anniversary week. With only one week vacation offered at the new place I was really hoping to have a little time to decompress and maybe have an overnight in celebration of nine years of marriage prior to starting, but my start date is already delayed more than they would like so I am just jumping in! Our daycare is closed tomorrow and we both have to work, but I may take off to watch them if we can't find another solution so hopefully between Thursday, Friday and Saturday I will remember to take some pictures and get them posted!!!

No comments: