"Hurts" has become the most often heard word around our house lately. I can't even think of a way to spell it like they say it (herwats, maybe), but it is certainly cute. What isn't cute, is that there actually was some truth behind it when Katie said it about her ear recently. We took her to the doctor and found out she has an ear infection, and since she had been unusually fussy and clingy for about a week - I shamefully guess that it wasn't very new. She seems to be on the mend, though, and now I know to be a bit more cautious with all of her time spent "floating" in the baby pool. Her recent congestion combined with her penchant for "get hair wet" by laying on her back, seem to be the culprit. In the last couple of days they have each told me that their hair, the air blowing on them in the car, their foot, hand, finger, head, belly, nose, eye, back, mouth, cheek, bath, fork, hot dog, and dipey all herwat so I am going to cut myself some slack on not immediately assuming that Katie's ear really did hurt!
It is my Friday - sadly, there are only 3 more short weeks left for me - and I think I am going to take the kids to see horses (since they currently think deer are horses) tomorrow if it doesn't rain. If I can manage the two of them and the camera I'll have some new pics!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment