Thursday, November 12, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree...

Well, I rarely get public responses on here when I ask a question but some of you do email so I am putting another question out there. Anybody have a great solution for keeping toddlers away from the Christmas tree other than purchasing an expensive gate to put around it? Do you just put ornaments higher than they can reach and let them play with anything they can touch? Do you forego the tree when they are little? Do you just block it off with random things? It isn't really that big of a deal, I know, but we love looking at the tree and the lights during the season and want to have one up if possible!

It is hard to belive that Thanksgiving is right around the corner and then Christmas! Basketball season has started (thank you to Lance's Dad for watching the kids for us to go to the first game), it is a little colder, Christmas decorations are already up at the mall, and tomorrow night we are heading to Christmas Village for our annual trip - I guess all signs point to it already being that time of the year! No new pictures today, but I hope to get the kids picture taken with Santa at Christmas Village so maybe new ones soon!

2 comments:

Mrs. Katherine said...

I got a great idea from Parents Magazine last year, and it worked for us. All I put on our tree were colored lights and a link-chain made from all different colored pipe cleaners. It was so colorful and cute! There was nothing that she could've hurt herself with and it was the easiest "undecorating" I've ever had to do. I just took the lights off and threw the tree away, pipecleaners and all! I think there's a picture of it somewhere on my Facebook page if you want to take a look.

Shellie said...

Thanks! That is probably the best idea, just make it child friendly and not worry about it - the last thing I want to do is create another thing that is really appealing that they aren't allowed to touch!