I have said it before and I am sure I will say it many more times - this parenting thing is hard! Yesterday when we got home and I was giving Tyler a breathing treatment he felt very warm. He always runs a little hot though, especially lately as he is cutting a new tooth, but I took his temperature just to be sure that he was ok. I was shocked when it was 104.2 since he was playing and eating well and the only thing off about him was that he seemed a little more tired than usual. I called the nurse (why do they always make you feel like you are overreacting - especially in flu season) and she said that she thought it was because of his ear infection. I just didn't think ear infections could cause temperatures that high, but we did what she told us to and are watching him over the next two days and if his fevers don't subside then they'll want to see him in the office. Poor little guy went to sleep pretty well but woke up at about 3:00 whimpering and moaning so we got him up and took his temperature again. It was down to 103, but he was still obviously uncomfortable. We let him lay with us in the bed for a while until the Motrin took effect and then he fell asleep at almost 5:00. He woke up with about a 101 and got more antibiotic so I hope he starts feeling better soon. We are investigating something that I cannot believe we didn't think to do sooner. With Lance's allergies and Tyler's asthma and probably allergies our home could probably benefit from an air purifier. We are looking into it and seeing what we can do - I hope that by getting some of the dander from Marley and other air pollutants out everyone in the house will breathe better!
Here are some pictures of the little troublemakers that Pam took at her house! They obviously like the off the shoulder look that they work on during naptime AND apparently enjoy the highchairs at Pam's that they can (but are not allowed) to stand in!


No comments:
Post a Comment