Thursday, November 19, 2009

Too Tough

Tyler is too good at being a little tough guy! Lance took him into the doctor today because we have been using the breathing treatments for two weeks now and wanted to see if he needed steriods, if we needed to continue to do the treatments and refill the prescription, etc. Well, the good news is that the doctor said that his breathing sounds great and that we can cut back to once a day for now. The "bad" news is that he had a temperature of 101.1 and has had slightly elevated temps like that for a couple of days. It ended up being an ear infection that we didn't even know he had. Most babies will let you know if their ears are hurting (Katie especially), but Tyler just hasn't found a really good way to tell us. At the doctor Lance said that he had tears when he laid him on his back to change him so he was obviously in pain, but still no howling or whining to really tell us that something is off. It makes us feel like bad parents, especially since we have been really lucky so far with their ears and should be on the look-out for it, but I have come to the conclusion that Tyler is just too tough! Oh, don't get me wrong - he will definitely cry and whine if he has a toy taken away, if he goes to bed sooner than he wants, or if Katie bullies him but just not when he is in pain or doesn't feel good :-(.

Speaking of Katie the bully, I am consigning some of their old clothes and toys and got to go to the pre-sale last night. Katie is still in 12 month clothes more than anything so none of her cold weather clothes fit her yet. I bought her a couple of play outfits but the selection wasn't that great (if you are going they do have a lot of really cute things it was just either dresses or sets of 12 month or 18 month and I really need 18 month tops and 12 month bottoms). I also intended to get some toys and things for Christmas since otherwise it will be pretty slim this year, but I ended up giving them the two main things that I got when I got home last night! Katie loves sitting in chairs so I got her a little Princess chair and Tyler a Mickey Mouse beanbag. Neither of them would I have purchased had they not been super cheap, but I figured the kids would at least play with them $5 worth. Well, I sat them in the living room and they both made a beeline to them and loved them! Unfortunately, Katie's chair is a bigger hit than Tyler's and that's where bully Katie rears her head. She absolutely did not want Tyler sitting on her chair - even if she got up to go check something else out - and fighting ensued everytime Tyler tried to see what it was all about. I definitely think they will love the lounger thing I want to get them and might be able to share it better, but since it is pretty spendy for now may the best bully win :-)!

No comments: