We have our 4 year physical appointment tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what they are weighing and how tall they are now. Katie seems to be in the midst of a growth spurt. She is constantly hungry and "they" say that feet grow first and she is just now growing out of shoes she wore last summer. It isn't very drastic, though and a lot of her shoes will still fit - like her snow boots (I hope we get a chance to wear them this year) and rain boots - we will just have to pick up a pair of casual shoes and try to find some that are sparkly or shiny since those are what she outgrew that she still wants to wear daily. It was a bit colder and still rainy today so Tyler put on his new pair of jeans. They are 3T and I was sure they would fit since he has obviously grown some, but they are still too big in the waist (although the length is good) even when they are adjusted. Tyler is definitely leaner than Katie which might make him look taller, and he is solidly in 4T tops whereas I think we might be able to get by with some 3T stuff this year for Bug (that might just be wishful thinking, though since I don't want to have to re-outfit them both completely for the Fall and Winter)! Katie is still dress-crazy though so I might be able to get away with just getting a couple of dresses and some leggings and calling it a day for her! They definitely look like bigger kids to me in pictures, and when I went in to check on them while they were sleeping last night I was kind of weepy over how big they look now in their little toddler beds :(!
Katie has started acting up again when being dropped off at school. She is clearly taking advantage of Lance (like she did me when I dropped them off) and just being a drama queen, since when I pick them up they are full of stories of the fun they had during the day and still rarely want to leave. I am really happy with the school and I think they are too. They seem to be learning a lot, but in a more play/fun way, and are making friends and really, really like their teacher. It is unfortunate that childcare is also the biggest burden on us financially, and although it is so beneficial will have to be the thing we cut out if things don't get better quick. I don't know what our other options are (maybe back to where I work), but as I expected the large expense is just really taxing when one of the incomes that pays the bills is commission based and seasonal to some degree. So funny how my mind works, and obvious even in this post, on one hand I am so sad that my kids are growing up so fast, and the other I can't wait until they get into real school and the expenses go down a little (even though that means they will be 6(!!!) years old). I am super busy at work and super stressed in general so it helps to sort it out on here, but now I guess I need to do the 1,000 things on my list for the day. I will definitely post again shortly after their physical with an update - I am certain we will get in "trouble" for them not being fully potty-trained (still pull-ups at night), but for the most part I think they are on track in other areas - we'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment