Sunday, September 2, 2012

Happy Birthday!

I think the kids had a fabulous birthday!  They took cupcakes and goody bags that they made themselves to school and thought it was great to get to have a birthday party at school with their friends.  Today we had a family party at the house after a breakfast at Cracker Barrel (kid's choice) and a trip to Target since the kids were super anxious to spend their gift cards from Grandma and B-Bob.  They played with those gifts while I straightened up the house, and (yes, last minute) wrapped their gifts.  We then had cake (split since they couldn't agree on one theme)!
They had fun opening gifts, and we only had one small incident.  Katie saw this Minnie Mouse purse a while back and fell in love.  It sings, has a microphone, and uhhh, is a pink purse - so naturally she thought it was awesome.  She tried to buy it today with her gift card, yesterday when we went to look for Tyler's gift from her, and the day we saw it by slipping it in the cart while we weren't looking.  Once she opened it she didn't want to open anything else but when I convinced her that we could play with it as soon as she was done opening she realized that she got lots of other cool stuff, too! 
Tyler was in little boy heaven - lots of Cars the movie stuff, tracks, and a remote control Lightning McQueen!  He was concentrating so hard on the track that has a waterfall that changes the color of cars - he told me before bed that he wanted to invent a track that changes the color of all cars (this one only works with special cars) :)! 
They were too quick blowing out the candles for me to capture it, but Tyler told me he did make a wish! 
I can't believe they are 4 years old!  I am glad we decided to go low-key with the party this year - we had a blast playing tonight after they opened their gifts and they are really looking forward to playing all day tomorrow.  Since I think more rain is expected, I am glad there is plenty to occupy them indoors in case of bad weather!  Katie did end up getting the drums she requested repeatedly, and I think Tyler is happy even though we didn't get quite the "lots and lots and lots of tracks and cars" that he asked for :)! 




No comments: