Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Appointments and Lessons

We are just getting a taste of what it will be like soon with two children with busier schedules than us.  Yesterday, the kids had a dentist appointment and Lance took them and said they did great.  They always think it is so fun to have Ray-Ray checking out their teeth and of course, they love getting prizes after their check-up!  I am so glad that they really seem to enjoy dental appointments right now and are gung-ho to keep their teeth healthy!  Lance scheduled their next appointment and I realized that we will have to change it so the kids won't miss school - eek!  I was also looking at beach rentals (heard about a new place in PCB that seems fun) and when I put in dates to get rates I automatically put in when we usually go in mid-August only to realize that school starts August 1st and we won't be able to go then!



Last week  I took the kids to a free trial of a gymnastics class - which they LOVED!  I have a board meeting tonight and Lance isn't too keen on gymnastics anyway so they aren't going back this evening and I haven't signed them up for the month yet so probably won't be participating at least in March.  Katie was dancing for us last night and told me that she was going to practice "her positions" when she goes back to ballet class - I didn't actually tell her that there are no plans to go back.  That made me start thinking that soon we won't have as much flexibility - with soccer, t-ball, etc. there will be schedules and practices that we are expected to attend.  Then, after that, they may even decide to do different things and that is when I am sure it will really be a logistical nightmare!  I am sure there are a lot more realizations to come in these few months before real school starts and I am forced to notice that my little babies are growing up!

We are going to do another round of swim lessons soon.  I heard about this fantastic program - the ISR self-rescue program - that is more water-safety focused than learning to swim focused and if the kids were younger the expense (hefty) may be worth it, but at this point I think they are better off learning to swim.  That said, I highly recommend it to anyone with a young child and a pool - it is truly amazing to watch the videos of these little ones who fall in pools fully dressed and know to breathe under water, then roll on their backs and float and scream to get help!

I have been procrastinating getting the next season's clothes for the kids - it is just really hard for me to buy Spring/Summer stuff when it is so cold out for some reason - and now I am glad I didn't do it sooner!  I probably would have purchased on the smaller end for Katie since she just doesn't seem to be anywhere near 4T bottoms fitting - BUT, that girl is either going through a growth spurt right now or has a tapeworm (I really, really hope not).  She is always hungry - and usually makes healthy choices like oranges or apples or yogurt - but doesn't seem real satisfied for long.  It has just been the last few days and Tyler had about an inch on her prior to this so I am betting she is doing a little catching up.  If that's the case 4T should be fine, especially since she has a bit of bubble butt :) - Tyler struggles with pants because he is so lean that he still needs the adjustable waist that they stop doing when the sizes get bigger, but they make more slip-on shorts than pants, which works better!  Speaking of procrastinating - I am doing a real good job of that right now typing this instead of what needs to be done so I guess I will get back to it!

No comments: