My sister had a great idea to fill the kid's Easter baskets with Disney items and then tell them we are going this Summer after a Disney themed scavenger hunt. They already kind of know that we are going and they aren't really sure what exactly it is (although Tyler is still really excited about Animal Kingdom because he thinks he will finally get to see a Gorilla, a Hippo and a Rhino - I have no clue if those will actually be there), but I think Disney World is one of those rare things that actually can live up to a child's expectations and you can't hype it too much! For the cost of the trip, I really hope they are as excited as excited can be! Nevertheless, when she made the suggestion I thought it was cute and then it got me thinking that I didn't really know or remember how exactly the Easter bunny tradition is supposed to work. I think we make eggs the night before and leave them in the basket and then the Easter Bunny hides them - but then does he fill up the basket with other goodies (or replace it with a pre-made basket) or is that stuff hidden with the eggs? I am so confused - but I guess I have a week to figure it out. I also have a little more than a week to get Easter outfits. The weather has been so unpredictable that the typical Easter dress might not be appropriate this year for Katie, and we have never really been big on getting really dressed up for the holiday, but it is a good excuse to start looking at more spring-like attire. Of course, that means me scouring the Old Navy sale and getting more caught up in the so cute Strawberry shortcake shirt and Superman pajamas rather than Easter apparel - but either way I am ready for warm weather - aka a reason to wear shorts and sundresses!
A busy weekend is ahead, although it is supposed to be rainy and cold. We have two birthday parties, I have a tennis match if the weather holds off, and there are a couple of Egg Hunts that we would like to make it too if it isn't raining too bad! We are going to a special exhibit at Warner Parks nature center if it is raining - all about amphibians! The kids have an egg hunt at school next week and then we all have Friday off. The local schools had this week and next week for Spring Break - I am very jealous so I am looking forward to at least a long weekend! The extended Spring Break for metro schools has also meant that we haven't registered the kids yet for Kindergarten. I think that is still the plan, but nobody will be in the office until April. I don't really know why we have to register now, but the deadline was supposed to be that first week in March (except for those who had to be tested) so I think we should do it as soon as possible just in case! I do think we can still change our minds, but I think at this point something pretty convincing would have to come up for us to decide to not go ahead and send them to Kindergarten. The only thing that keeps making us second guess is that people keep saying that younger ones just need that extra year to catch up socially - but we have talked to those who see them interact with other children and the teacher's who have them in their classrooms and they say that they don't see any reason that they would be behind the other students in that area at all. I think a lot of children their age have not had years of full-time childcare by this point and social interaction, nor do most of them have a twin to play with and share with and learn from so I am just not as worried about that area. If it becomes an issue I do still think the school can suggest holding them back a year for immaturity and if it comes to that we will definitely be on board!
No comments:
Post a Comment