Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Drawing Time!

The kids really love to draw and color these days and we just knew that they would enjoy a dry erase board.  We got one and despite it falling immediately after we hung it (we tried command strips - I guess we will have to figure out how to put the screws in) - the kids are loving it.  When I got to school today to pick them up Katie had written me (or dad, or Grandma - it kept changing) a letter and they are currently drawing everyone and everything they can think of - this picture is Tyler's self-portrait and a jellyfish person by Katie. It was promptly erased to draw (randomly) "Papa Lockyear" and "Baby Madeline."  Now they are working on a house and a picture of "Ray Ray" and I can't even get them to come eat even though they are usually ravenous by six! They are really enamored with letters and words and constantly want us to look at what they have drawn or written - and this way we go through less paper  :)! 




Everyone please keep your fingers crossed that they avoid the strep throat that has invaded their preschool class - yuck! Tyler's face bumps are getting a bit better and we want everyone to stay healthy - especially since Lance and I have a night out planned this weekend to pre-celebrate my birthday!  The kids are excited, too, about going to So-So and Ray-Ray's so we are really hoping that any and all germs stay away!!!

No comments: