The kids have had a fun week at school. The zoo came out to visit on Wednesday and the kids excitedly told me that they got to pet a (nice) snake, and that the rabbit peed on the floor and the macaw did worse than that :). They have been studying animals and it was a special surprise treat at the end of the unit. Tyler was upset that they didn't bring a dolphin in a huge tank, or a tiger, or a sea urchin but I think they enjoyed it and he was giving me all the details about the "zookeeper." One of the many things he has mentioned wanting to do when grows up is to be an "animal doctor at the zoo," but often he specifies that he wants to only work with dolphins and sharks. I'm thinking marine biologist :). Right now we are planning to go to Sea World when (fingers crossed) we are in Orlando, and I am betting that will be a highlight for Tyler. I have been trying to figure out what we can squeeze in while we are there (only going to be able to stay a few days) and I have been concentrating on Disney time but I am sure that the kids will like SeaWorld, and Animal Kingdom just as much! I can't wait for the trip, and we aren't talking it up much with the kids just yet in case we don't get to go but I know they will be excited too once we get there even though we aren't going on a plane (will drive) and that is what they most want to do!
Here is Katie petting the snake - unfortunately it is blurry but she was excited to tell me she touched a "slithery" corn snake. Notice Katie is wearing a leotard and tights - she misses dance class and talks about it occasionally, but I really think she more just misses getting to wear the outfit!

Now they are studying the nature unit in class and I don't know what all is planned, but we are going tomorrow on another nature walk at Bowie, this one focusing on mammals. It should be awesome weather and the kid's are just excited that we get to see the "turtle that chases you" again (there really is a turtle in the nature center that runs after you when you walk by his aquarium)! Today in class they had a "Harlem Shake" dance party. I played tennis last night and Lance showed them a few Harlem Shake videos in preparation and they were practicing their moves this morning. Unfortunately, I can't find Katie in this video and Tyler can be seen briefly looking like he is about to fall out rather than dancing but I bet they had fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment