Thursday, November 13, 2008

Consignment Sale

So, I went to a consignment sale yesterday and scored! I found a bag of socks for $6 that had 8 pairs of those cute trumpette "mary jane" style socks in them along with about 10 other pairs too!!! I was ridiculously excited about a bag of infant socks, but I felt like such a bargain shopper and I was right proud of myself. Katie didn't have very many footed sleepers, which I have found to be the easiest thing to keep them in, and now that it is getting cold I wanted to pick up a couple. I got the aforementioned socks, 6 sleepers for Katie, Christmas footies for each of them, and a pair of jeans for Tyler and some overalls for Katie all for $40! I was going to put them in the sleepers to get their picture taken with Santa Friday night but unfortunately I got duped - the Christmas outfit for Katie was a pants and top set and the shirt is 0-3 but the pants are 3-6 - since she still fits best in newborn pants I don't think those are going to work! I have a little red and black outfit with scotties on it that I think I will put her in but still...

They have definitely outgrown their newborn outfits but the 0-3 are still too long - I have a feeling this is going to be a recurring theme throughout their lives!!! Poor little shorties!

No comments: