Friday, November 21, 2008

Well, it's official!

Tyler is now bigger than Katie! Well, his "older" sister still outdoes him in length - she is 22 inches and he is 21 1/2, but his head his bigger and he edges her out by two ounces in weight. Tyler is 11 pounds, 6 ounces and Katie is 11 pounds, 4 ounces!!! A baby that is not a preemie is supposed to be around 12 pounds by three months (which will be December 2nd) and they are right on track. In fact, we are supposed to consider them to be about 3 to 6 weeks behind because of their prematurity and they are growing on par with an average singleton right now!!! They really are doing great, eating well, and sleeping as well as can be expected. I am learning that it is easy to worry (ha - you all know that worry is what comes most naturally to me anyway) that we are feeding them too much, or too little, or at the wrong times, or whatever but I think for just a bit I am going to revel in the fact that what we are doing seems to be working (knock on wood) and just be happy about our fat, little chunky babies!

Their colds are not in their chests and they don't have fever - they are just congested and have stuffy noses. Another thing I just need to get used to - I have a feeling that we have many months and years of stuffy, snotty noses ahead of us! If only we could teach a 12 week old to blow their nose...

No comments: