Monday, November 17, 2008

Freaking out...

Well, we found out that we do not qualify for the RSV shots which is very scary because many preemies die from this very common illness. Despite meeting a number of the risk factors - at least for Tyler - under 5 lbs when born, some respiratory distress in NICU and use of oxygen, born before 34 weeks (they were 34 weeks, 4 days), go to daycare, parental asthma (Lance has had mild attacks periodically), and that they will not be six months old before the end of cold and flu season. Our pediatrician is appealing but it doesn't look good. It is very, very expensive even with insurance approval so I really wouldn't want it if I didn't think it would be good for them. I didn't even think about taking them to Christmas Village Friday night and the crowds of people until we got home and now I am so scared that we exposed them to RSV. We will just have to be extra vigilant when it comes to colds and not hesitate to take them to the hospital if they seem to have any trouble at all breathing!

We had a great time at Christmas Village, but it is kind of tiresome to be such a spectacle. Everyone stops and looks at you and exclaims over the twins and I of course agree with everyone when they say they are adorable, but sometimes you just want to shop in peace!!!

Katie is rubbing a bald spot on the back of her head in an attempt to look more like dad I guess! We need to get a picture, pretty funny!

The other thing I am freaking out about, ALREADY, is that Vandy is now BOWL ELIGIBLE (woohoo), which means that Lance will not miss that game for anything. He really wants me to go with him and I would love to go, but I am not sure we can find someone willing to watch them overnight and I don't know if I am willing to leave them - I guess I have about a month to get used to the idea and to find/train a sitter!

No comments: