Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mini-Van

Well, it is pretty obvious now that a van is needed. I never thought I would drive a mini-van, but the car is just way too much hassle and the ease of a van will far outweigh its "uncoolness!" I have been driving around practically eating the steering wheel and there still isn't room for the carseats to sit properly and only the snap and go stroller fits in the trunk - which if they get much heavier the carriers might be obsolete and the snap and go will be useless. So, my car is on craigslist and so far we have had a couple of nibbles. The problem is that we have not had a car payment in almost 10 years, can't afford one now, probably can't even qualify for a car loan in this economic environment, our "extra" money is going to daycare, and if it wasn't imperative to have a safer more practical vehicle it would be completely irresponsible to purchase a new one. That means that we are on the hunt for a van for $6,000 (what my car is listed for) or less - should be a really nice van, with low miles (ha, ha)! I have found a couple of Honda vans in the $6,000 - $8,000 price range - they are old and have been driven quite a bit, but Hondas are good vehicles so I think that is what I am going with! Watch out - I can't even park my little volvo, I am going to be a road hazard in a van for sure!

No comments: